BRAIN_RECALL

All defective brains please form a line to the right, thank you.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Willard Preacher

Next to this one building I often pass, and have classes in, exists a small clearing around the main entrance. Here, a guy makes his daily trip to this spot and preaches his beliefs to whoever passes by.

He is known as The Willard Preacher, after the building he preaches next to.

I guess this guy has been doing this for over 15 years, and when I first saw him I thought a psychology professor was having an outdoor class.

But, today, instead of just walking by, I decided to stop for about 5 minutes between classes. Mostly, he was talking about how our “liberal” professors were pushing their liberal ideas onto us. He said in one line:

“Would you sodomize and prostitute your morality to these liberal professors to get a better grade?”

I did what most people did: ignored it as ranting of someone with far too much time on their hands.

Snap to 30 minutes later in my statistics class. We were discussing some property of probability when he made an off-topic comment.

“It’s like those people who believe in ID, Intelligent Design. I think they shouldn’t drive cars. You know why? Because those people don’t believe in science, so they shouldn’t be driving cars since they are built on science.”

That provided some amusing irony to the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home